Les poissons en France

Friday, April 06, 2007

Wildflowers

It was a glorious sunny day today and, as I was walking up the lane to go behind the ruin, I noticed these two white flowers in the entrance to the next field. Amazingly, I had mown there (as you can see) only 3 days ago! So, I rushed off to see if there were any in our wildflower meadow. And yes, I found one group of about 6 flowers, (but only one group).
We have left the far end of our back field as a wldflower meadow because it joins on to another part of field which actually belongs to someone else. This whole field has been used for grazing and for hay for goodness knows how many years. As you can see we've shaped it and mown a path through it so that it can be seen as part of the garden, not an extra bit that's just been left. Having found this new flower, Star of Bethlehem, I took other photos of the interesting plants which are growing in the meadow. At the limit of the meadow and on into the piece of field which is not ours, there is a profusion of Muscari or wild grape hyacinths. Finally we have Cowslips which are actually blooming in abundance in all of the hedgerows.



We are really quite excited when we find new specimens in our meadow. I don't know if I will still think like that when I am cutting the 'hay' in the summer!

Having taken the photos, I took one from the top end of our 'back garden'. It gives a view of the developing veg patch and also shows how the land rises up the hill from the river valley bottom.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home