Les poissons en France

Monday, December 17, 2007

The Mound

Got my toys out today (Sunday) so that I could keep the boss happy. At present we have a very large pile of stones and earth behind the house which has come out of the caves. This mixture is going to be fine for making the mound which will be :- a) the Birch copse, b) the source of the dry river bed, c) the home for the second bag of bulbs, d) my punishment for being naughty.




Although we are having hard frosts every morning, this perhaps helped because there is a lot of clay in what I am moving and it is less sticky when it is big frozen lumps. I'm building up the soil Digger Dave left after he made the river.

I haven't been told how high the mound will be so, I don't know how many days it's going to take but there's rain forecast for next Friday and I won't be able to do anything with it if it is wet, sticky clay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home