Les poissons en France

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Back to Real Work

I've been doing bits and pieces in the house, and realised that we have a problem with some of the old cement and plaster on the walls. I had a go at removing some of it with a hammer and chisel, but in places the concrete is about 4 inches deep. So, a pneumatic drill! But even Sue had to admit that I would have difficulty holding it above my head.

Yesterday we went off to Montauban to our favorite DIY/Builders merchant, Brico-Depot. I'd seen smaller versions of pneumatic drills in their catalogue, so we needed to see them and I needed to hold one above my head. After looking at all of the branded models, (Bosch etc.) we saw the Brico-Depot cheapy for only 27 euros. (slightly more attractive than 150 euros for the Bosch). So today it went into action. Brilliant as you can see by the rubble at my feet!!!


I need to digress a while here, because, before I could get at the wall, I had to do some street cleaning. We had a lorry-load of gravel arrive during the morning and he drove off leaving a trail of mud along the road. I began to clear it when, blow me down but he returned with a second delivery. So I had to start again.



Just to keep you Nature Watchers informed, I found an owl pellet on our steps this morning. It was encouraging to think that our owl(s) is/are still around.


The only slight problem could be that this owl is obviously sitting in the open window that will eventually be in our bedroom. We don't want him to think tht he is going to claim squatter's rights!
PS I hope you don't get the impression that we have a thing about poo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home