Les poissons en France

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The End of the Beginning

At last we have passed a very significant "kilometre stone" the ground floor is F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D.

I am now going to bore you because I am so pleased with the kitchen. As you know we bought the kitchen over a year ago. There were pluses and minuses to this strategy. In terms of design it is not ideal to produce a kitchen layout when all you have is a shell of a building which is open to the roof. However it boosted our moral to go out and buy the kitchen units and as it turned out with sterling crashing against the euro we saved ourselves some money. Once the walls went up and we could envisage the kitchen better we/I inevitably decided that "x" cupboard or appliance would be better in "y" position. Fortunately I have a resident miracle worker! It has turned out even better than I had dared hope and I am just thrilled - as perhaps you can tell. We ended up buying an induction hob which I seem to have mastered,( well I have for John and I). Tomorrow there will be 6 of us for dinner which will be the acid test.







John says:- Thank goodness that's finished! I'm pleased that the clerk of the works has signed me off. I'm now looking forward to getting out into the courtyard to continue rebuilding walls and steps. The plan is to spend all Spring and Summer working on the outside to make our surroundings as nice as possible. However, I have just been reminded that there is work to be done first rotivating 'her' beds and chopping branches off overhanging trees.
Oh well, a man's got to do what a man's got to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home