Les poissons en France

Friday, November 06, 2009

Everyone's Happy

No rain today and so the gardener was happy to get out, tidying, weeding and planting bulbs.





On the other hand, I was happily beavering away on the landing floor. I've fitted some of the 'space age' insulation under the flooring at the window end of the hall, as, below the floor is the 'outside'. I would have finished it, except I had misjudged the number of flooring sheets I would need to fit it into the doorways of the two bedrooms.






As it is due to resume raining again tomorrow, we decided not to go to buy two more sheets of flooring today. To make the most of the dry weather, I dug the holes for the two Judas Trees that Sue wants.






The first hole wasn't too bad, but when I started on the second, I could only remove about 3 inches of soil before I uncovered the bedrock! In consultation with the garden designer we filled in the hole and I dug another one about 50 cm lower down the 'hill'. Even so, this wasn't easy; I have dug the hole and removed a heap of rock and we're hoping that the tree will have enough room to grow!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home