Les poissons en France

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Maturing

No not us, although that is certainly true. I am, on this occasion, referring to the garden. Although the house is obviously not progressing I am pleased to report that I am delighted that the garden is approaching how I envisaged it. The glorious weather in April has brought the irises etc in the front garden, on very early. However for us gardeners there is always a down side - we need rain.
I am even more delighted to see the long bed maturing. (I hesitate to say anything but this is partly due to the lack of deer visits recently). I am busy growing perennials from seed, which will tolerate arrid conditions. I am hoping that this time next year most of the earth and consequently the weeds will be covered. The raised bed is also coming to fruition (no pictures at present as I have had no time to weed, and the irises are blooming above the buttercups!!). Finally, we are about to start transferring things to the new "Christo" bed, although the lack of rain is delaying this.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home