Les poissons en France

Sunday, June 16, 2013

At Last!!

John has finally started on the salon. Initially he is repairing the boarded ceiling and removing the hundreds of redundant nails which have accumulated in the beams over decades. 
Actually  he hasn't  totally finished the landing , there is a little bit of stone work and jointing to do before he lays the floor. He needs some sand to finish this work and for various reasons we have not been able to get any. However our guardian angel flew over yesterday in the guise of Michel our neighbour. He has about half a load of sand which he wants to get rid of.

The first flower has appeared on The Petunias. In fact many of them are in bud. They say everything comes to him who waits, although I think it will be next year before we have a flower on The Geraniums.
I have about a quarter of the long bed left to weed. It's like "The Lost Gardens of Mas de Bouye"; I keep uncovering things I'd forgotten I had. I'm so pleased that it has only taken me about five days. I think back to last year when I sat on a chair in the middle of the jungle and didn't make any significant progress. Everything comes to she who waits!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home