Les poissons en France

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Floods!!

I am writing this to get rid of my frustration. The saga of the new water tank continues. Patrick arrived 9.40 Monday morning and then his mate arrived after lunch to do the electrics. All seemed well. As John was at the hospital having a regular echo cardiograph I asked the two men to move the fridge and freezers back into the boiler room. They picked up the small freezer and Patrick and the floor were covered in water!! After they had checked all the relevant sockets and plugs it transpired that John had not pushed the plug in far enough when it was moved last Thursday. It was a good job he was at the hospital because "'er indoors" was not happy surrounded by water, mess from two days of workman and defrosted food.

As it looked like rain I decided that I would walk Yoda before tackling my problems. Just as I was setting off cheerful Uriah arrived "Everything OK?" I mentioned my problems and he decided it was prudent to beat a retreat.

By the time John returned I was busy cooking fruit,turning vegetables into soup and menu planning to rescue what I could. In all honesty we lost very little, had it been the other freezer---!!

 It had been  agreed that the annual service of the boiler would be carried out at the same time as the water tank was fitted, however Uriah forgot. So the man came to do it yesterday afternoon (and adjust the water temperature as it was luke warm). After he had gone we noticed that Yoda's feet and face were covered in oily soot, which wouldn't come off in the bath. Then this morning Diana's feet were similar. We have not yet resolved this mystery, perhaps because we have been otherwise engaged.

Whilst the "rubbish" was out of the boiler room I decided that it was a good opportunity to repaint the floor. I went in this morning to start work and was greeted by flood number 2. Water was pouring out of one of the joints. John soon realised that I had had more than enough of water in the wrong place so he ushered me away while he phoned the plumber and mopped up the boiler room floor.

I am feeling a little calmer now. Woodburner fitter arrives tomorrow!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home