Les poissons en France

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Planting for Posterity

We took delivery this week of 1000 anemone blanda corms. They are low growing spring flowers and I had the idea of growing them below the trees in the alley so that we would be able to see them from the house . It only took us two days to plant them with our patented planting system!  John wields his enormous spike, which we inherited, to make the holes and I drop in a corm and handful of compost.
We certainly won't see much, if any, of a display this spring; in fact we may not see much of a display in our lifetime so I am including a photograph of what I hope it will look like in the future!!
John continues - once this 'dobbing' was finished, a lonely gardener was seen wandering round the garden looking at all of the dead plants.
The Gardener says that they're not dead, they're just resting!

It was at this point that I saw our ancient barn doors and wondered what was the 'mess' on the floor below. Sue then helpfully said, "oh yes, I thought I heard a Woodpecker!"
This now looks like a job in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home