Les poissons en France

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Postal Strike

We're into the third week of the strike by the postmen and women of Gourdon.  We had tried to collect our post from the main post office there but that was not possible and we found out that there had been arrangements made for the people of St Germain to collect their own post, but we missed it.  So today, I intended to see if there was any information on St Germain's notice board outside the Mairie but, lo and behold, what did I see when I arrived at the town car park!
There were 4 Post Office personnel handing out mail upon production of proof of identity.  So I joined the queue and finally got our mail!
It's a good job it wasn't raining ... although I expect it would have been in the Salle de Fete!

All of this excitement was further enlivened by the arrival of the St. Germain school holiday club Mardi Gras carnival.
Too much excitement for one morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home