Les poissons en France

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What a Difference a Year Makes

I am conscious that we have not reported from "our little world" for a while. Well we, along with lots of other people, have had a "fluey" cold for the last three weeks. My has it slowed us down ... or perhaps it's the advancing years, which we refuse to accept. Anyway the net result is the bedroom is not finished (first guests arrive next week) and garden is ticking over - just.

I thought I would check back on the Blog to see what was happening in the garden at this time a year ago. I was amazed, the memory is obviously going as well as the body. The most striking difference was that the weather was warm and sunny. This year it has never stopped raining and last week we had a devastating frost which hit all the young growth and destroyed the common iris display which had just started.
I'm so pleased that we are not opening the garden yet. I fear I will be just as stressed in July, we could have a thunderstorm the night before, everything could be behind because the weather has been colder.... Oh why do I put myself through it???

1 Comments:

At 2:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue your garden will look lovely,its just perfect , your biggest worry is a hose pipe ban gulp gulp
kindest regards lyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home