Les poissons en France

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Ordinary Life

You may remember that we took it upon ourselves to place plant boxes under the entrance signs to the village.
Well off course this also involves watering them!  This morning I went off to do the watering and said good morning to a man nearby who was setting up a ladder to pick ripe cherries.  A conversation ensued (he turned out to be Welsh) and then he offered me some cherries (one of my favorite fruits!).  
I then had to put empty bottles into the glass recycling container (they weren't all wine bottles) and met Mme Florenty, the Pharmacist's wife.  She asked how Sue was, sorted through the jars I was going to get rid of, took some Jam jars and promised us a jar of jam.  On the way home I had to stop when I saw Gérard, one of our fellow village gardeners, and we exchanged pleasantries.  So as you can see my quick trip took a little longer than anticipated.

Once back home started watering our tubs and other plants as it is forecast for 34°c this afternoon.  I hadn't been watering for very long before Mme Florenty arrived on her bike with a jar of cherry jam (still hot!) and a bag of cherries which need eating.

Just the ordinary interplay of rural life … once you get accepted into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home