Les poissons en France

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Art is in the Eye ...

A convoluted story … back in March we flew to the UK and, on the plane, Sue talked to the lady in the next seat only to find that she lived in a nearby village.  One thing led to another, addresses were exchanged and we /I ended up being invited to show some paintings at her village art exhibition which she organised!  Me and my big mouth comes to mind!
The exhibition began last Wednesday for a week but the 'vernissage', which is when all of the artists are there, nibbles and wine are offered and speeches made, was on Saturday evening.
There was a very eclectic mix of work (paintings, etchings, sculpture, photography etc) with a range of abilities … but then who am I to judge?  It's just that some of the things on show, I wouldn't want to admit were by me.
There were some good pieces on show and in fact we bought something …
… a semi sculptural work to hang on the wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home