Les poissons en France

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Results of January's Work

 

As you can see we are still getting severe frosts (-8C again this morning). Never mind it is scheduled to warm up next week a balmy +1C. We have had some grey days but lots of bright blue skies and the last few days it has been very pleasant working in the garden in the afternoons.

 However we have not been idle and have now finished redecorating our bedroom. Initially I bought the bedding in a sale and based the design around that. Of course this led to buying a new chair, stool,lights etc. I had decided that I wanted a black "textured" wall behind the bed and we had discussed the sort of picture John was going to paint to hang on it. We found what we thought was a suitable wallpaper and all was proceeding well.........until John lost his nerve about hanging it. I had an element of sympathy as dark wallpapers are notoriously difficult to but up perfectly to avoid showing the join. John hurriedly contacted a professional decorator that we are acquainted with ( I'm thinking this room is not going to be finished until June!) but miraculously he was finishing a job early and could come in two days. Phew! After hanging a couple of drops he said "this looks like sixties paper" and he was right. Does it matter after all the sixties were 60 years ago and fashions always come round again.


Being cosseted indoors means we spend more time on the computer and consequently are subjected to more adverts. One of these prompted John to buy (with my approval of course!) a new rug for the salon, which then prompted me to buy 8 new cushions. 

With all this internal activity I have not neglected the garden. There are bulb orders to arrange, plants to find for the new rose bed and trees to select for that area. Fortunately I found just the right 4 conifers in a sale and they arrived yesterday. No beds dug yet due to frozen ground, but I can't miss a bargain.

The bank card has now melted so I must show a bit of restraint for a couple of weeks.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home