Les poissons en France

Saturday, November 25, 2006

More power please!

We have been investigating our electricity system and, apart from not knowing what it is costing us, we can't have 3 heaters on at the same time as the oven and some rings on the electric cooker. The French system works by fixing the power you use according to the tarif you are on. We went to the electricity offices of EDF to sort out a bigger power rating and information on what it is costing us and an engineer was organised for Thursday morning. He duly arrived and we can now be warm and have hot food at the same time!


Whilst we were waiting for the engineer, I was clearing out one of our lofts. There were some old bits of wood, a couple of old window frames and some bricks abandoned, plus there was a small window-sized hole in the wall!!! I swept out the loft, removed the rubbish and then managed to put my foot through a weak spot in the floor. Luckily there was no major damage to the flooring or to me. Once I got over this hiccup, I blocked up the opening in an attempt to keep the house warmer. Ironically, last night (Friday) it was incredibly warm; nearly 17c!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home