Les poissons en France

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Autumn at Last

















All my life I've said I hate Autumn because to me it heralds winter. Well here it isn't like that. I have been watching the trees for weeks and they just didn't change colour or lose their leaves. Until last Tuesday that is, when within two days we had bronze and yellow hillsides. Sorry my photography doesn't do the scenery credit.

Rene remains very poorly it is very distressing to see her just existing, however we are trying to carry on life normally - she would approve of this approach.

Hence we have attacked " the barrels". We have been trying to clear out the "caves" on the ground floor of our house. They have been used as stables,sheds and rubbish dumps over the years. Its like an archealogical dig as you unearth all sorts of things like shafts and wheels from a cart, the full tack from the horse that pulled it and the wine barrels. The little one bit the dust (or the flames) and the huge one is still not dismantled despite a whole morning of effort from John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home