Les poissons en France

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oh s**t!

We keep find that one job leads to another. We have a pile of wood which I've cut up and which needs storing for 12 to 18 months so that it can dry out. We've decided to store it in the barn, but of course this means that I've got to clear out space in the barn! So I started to move stones and shovel up whatever it is on the floor.
To my surprise I found a concrete floor under about 2 or 3 inches of 30 odd years worth of dried cow manure and straw. It's amazing how different the barn looks once it starts to look clean.

So now I can move the wood into the barn, and cut some more in an attempt to continue the tidying up.


These last few days of hot, sunny weather have brought on the irises at the foot of the pigeonnier.






We are also watching with interest as the Wisteria, which is on wires between the Pigeonnier and the wall of the terrasse, is gradually growing it's flowers and the sun starts to bring on the colour. There are so many things which we are discovering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home