Les poissons en France

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just another ordinary day

Yesterday was just another ordinary day. I'm normally awake around 6.30 and then can't do anything until I've had 3 cups of tea. So, after that, I went down to the veg patch and worked for an hour or so on the beds for the cordoned fruit trees which we will be putting around the Potager. I then put a coat of stain on the new shutters so that they will be ready for hanging on Wednesday. This just left a couple of hours before lunch for me to mow the grass.
In the meantime, Sue decided to clear out the caravan in case we suddenly need to sleep in it.


After lunch, JJ told me that our other neighbour Michel was going to be able to collect my beams for the pigsty. So I started to remove the second half of the Porcherie roof.

Sue carried on with her caravan clean-up.
Then, about 4.30, JJ shouted to me to say that we should go to meet Michel and his brother-in-law at the woodyard. The wood duly paid for and loaded on to Michel's lorry, it was brought home and unloaded next to the Porcherie.
We now had a change to our normal routine as we water the plants after dinner, but today we were going for some food and a game of cards with JJ and Nadine. So we watered, which takes anything up to an hour, and then Sue went for a shower. Whilst I was waiting for my turn, I renewed the cat litter to avoid problems later in the evening. So we finally fell out of the door just after 7 and we then had a lovely BBQ meal, starting with nibbles with the aperos, kebabs and salad, a course of Rocamadour goats cheese, finishing with fresh peach dessert. Then the game of cards.

The end of another ordinary day when we crawled in to bed at Midnight! I think I'm looking forward to being retired from being retired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home