Les poissons en France

Monday, June 04, 2007

Back to It

For one reason or another (including the weather) we do not seem to have been progressing much lately. So it has been encouraging today to get going again. I went to our local woodyard ( saw-mill is a more accurate description, albeit with equipment from before the war!) last Friday to try to order the beams for the Pigsty. The owner (and everything else as well) was well over 70, missing the odd finger tip or two, and slightly deaf. So I had some difficulty in trying to organise exactly what I wanted. So, today, I went back with our neighbour JJ who acted as my interpreter. A succesful outcome as the beams will be ready by the weekend.

Spurred on by this, I started building up the walls to be ready for the beams when they arrive. As you can see you spend more time looking for the right shape and size stone, than you do in actually putting it in the wall. I'm hoping to get the back wall finished before the weekend so that I'm ready for the beams.

Whilst all this was happening, Sue had decided to press on with marking out the hard-landscaping of the front garden. As soon as we think that the ground is dry enough to allow the mini-digger to get onto it without churning it up, I've got to start removing earth for paths and patios. So in the meantime, Sue is putting down guidelines for the groundwork crew.


Our neighbours can't quite work out what the hell we are doing. Not that I think we do, sometimes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home