Les poissons en France

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Miracles of Modern Tools

As the weather remains very unsettled with lots of showers passing through, I decided to start on some carpentry. I had previously bought wood to allow me to make a new door for the barn so I went for it! I have to say that I am amazed at how easy modern power tools make it for anyone with even a modicum of technical know-how to produce a 'professional' looking article.

With the help of a radial saw, circular saw, planner and battery screw driver, I was able to make the door in the photo in about 2 hours. The radial saw was one of the power tools that the previous owners left here, and when I got it out of the box, it had never been used!

One slight problem we are beginning to have is that the 'caves', which I cleared out some months ago, are now gradually becoming full up again. The 'cave' under our bedroom is looking full with garden equipment, diggers, my tools etc, etc. The 'cave' under the lounge now has the cement mixer, trailer and, as you can see, is set up for wood-working! I think that all of this will eventually have to go into the barn once we start working on the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home