Les poissons en France

Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Fashion Trend

No rushing about to see tradesmen today, so we both concentrated on the Pigsty (or at least as much as uninterrupted sunshine and 35 degrees would allow). I pressed on with building up the side walls of the porcherie so that there won't be a gap on the inside between the walls and the roof insulation. I was determined to get this finished today as we won't be working tomorrow and I didn't want to have to finish off the stone laying on Saturday. I want to be crashing straight into the roofing then! So I finally finished the walls at 7pm, after having had to go to the builders yard for another trailer load of sand.

Sue's main contribution today was raking out the old mortar between the stones so that we can start re-pointing them. David had told me about a 3 bladed tungsten bit for a drill, but, although I located one on the internet, it fits a disc-grinder. Not a problem however, as I was able to buy a small disc-grinder at 'Brico-Depot' for 7,50 euros. I have to confess that a piece of electrical equipment, guaranteed for a year, for £5 is actually too cheap. It must encourage the throw-away society, because if anything does go wrong, I shall simply throw it away and buy another one.

That's the end of the technical stuff so the ladies can start reading again. Raking out the old mortar was a very dusty job so Sue found a novel solution.


No, this isn't a Health and Safety issue, it was all Sue's idea. So, if you start to see big, hefty brickies on Costruction sites wearing shower caps, you know who started it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home