Les poissons en France

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's a Cat's Life



When I come back again I'm definitely coming back as a cat. Eat, sleep and then stroll around.

Yesterday morning when I got up, I found our little black cat, Cleo, looking somewhat perplexedly at a mouse. She had no idea what to do with it; she was totally bemused every time it moved. So, I got Diana, pictured above, and shut us all in the lounge. Diana thought that I was stupid to expect her to do anything until after she'd had her breakfast. All she was interested in was how quickly I could get food onto her plate. Therefore I had to catch and kill the mouse, whilst watched by two disinterested cats!!!

The cats are so well trained, that often, when we come home and they have been left outside, we find them queueing up at the front door waiting to go indoors to use their litter trays. If the litter trays are dirty, they (Diana in particular) will sit next to the trays waiting for us to change them. Today we were both working outside when Diana came to find us. She told us a huge story and then wandered off to the front lawn. I realised straight away that she was going to go to the toilet in the area where we are trying to regenerate the grass. We think that she must have waited by the litter trays for as long as possible but then, rather than use a dirty tray, she had to go outside. How embarrassing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home