Les poissons en France

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rest and Recuperation

Another warm and lazy day, or it least it has been for our cats. They were actually waiting for food in the photo, so they were not inclined to go too far away from the front door.


Yesterday I treated the beams for insect, fungal and whatever- else infestation. So today I tried one on top of my prepared wall and got it ready for fixing. I then removed the rest of the tiles so that I'm ready to remove the rest of the woodwork. The main 'ridge' beam will take at least 4 of us to lift it, so I want to try to be ready for lifting it up during next week whilst our english neighbours and their son are all around! According to JJ, the best way will be to roll the beam up the two end walls. So, I've got to check that the stones on the top of these walls are securely fixed; just a bit more mortaring and making good!

Sue spent another day pottering in the garden. She is developing a lovely display of Day Lilies which will be planted out into beds whenever we get round to creating the beds. We never seem to be running out of things to do here.


PS - I have been instructed to inform you all that she wasn't 'pottering' in the garden, she was slaving away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home