Les poissons en France

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Johnny the Builder

Yesterday our neighbour JJ asked if I wanted to borrow his staging to help with the roofing of the Porcherie. I of course said yes, as we had been looking at the price of them, and I thought it would be useful to see how high it was safe to work on. The staging was at JJ's cousin's house a few hundred metres away. Within 10 minutes a car arrived, driven by JJ with his cousin sat in the boot, holding on to the staging which they had 'towed' along the road! That's what I call service.


So I was up early and out on the Pigsty today as the weather forecast shows sun to 30 degrees. I first had to do some rectification on the end timbers which I had put on previously. Yesterday afternoon we had a builder round to look at the house for quoting, and he kindly pointed out my error where I had fixed the timbers to the beam on the top of the wall. He told me how to fix them so that there was no risk of the tiles and the timbers spreading apart and sliding off!
After that I was able to press on with replacing the old timbers.


So far so good. The next stage will be the second side, but for this I'm going to use new wood which the previous owners kindly left for me! Plus of course we'll have to order the tiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home