Les poissons en France

Monday, March 31, 2008

Update

Spring Watch Update -

This weekend I have been able to get out into the veg patch and plant a lot of seeds. I was delighted to hear the first cuckoo and to see the return of the hoopoe. Mr & Mrs Magpie appear to have finished the major construction of their home and are now on the interior decorating, wish our "nest" could be built as quickly!!

House Update -

Whilst I was in the garden John was cleaning out the joints between the stones in the stairs passageway. We have rejointed between the stones in the corridor and the downstairs bedroom. Unfortunately I can only work up to about five feet (poor old crock can't lift her arms any higher nor work for a prolonged period). Had my break over the weekend, but got to get back to it again today. We're pleased with our efforts but judging from the electricians comments its a bit amateurish!! We are confident however that "our guests" wont be experts.



Hope the roof coming off isn't going to be a saga like the floor with us reporting its going to happen, its going to happen and it doesn't . After today no rain is forecast for a while so we can only hope.


ps I don't know why my valuable contribution to the renovation of our house didn't merit a mention, but I've been back to filling the joints in the plasterboard. We've decided now that, in order to achieve the quality of finish that 'she' demands, we're going to put lining paper on the plasterboards. However I've still got to get the joints relatively flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home