Les poissons en France

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Getting Our Priorities Right

We have no kitchen, bathroom,toilet or bedroom but never mind we have a breakfast/ appero terrace with a wall specially built at bum height so our guests can sit comfortably whilst downing their drink. JP started to build the said wall outside the kitchen/dining room this morning and by 6 o'clock it was well on the way. There will be steps down from the road.


















Yesterday they built the steps down from the road to the porch/front door.




The builders are finishing off lots of bits and pieces before they embark on the roof. That's fine as far as we are concerned because the weather forecast for the forseeable future is awful and not suitable for removing the roof.


John has virtually finished the plasterboarding in the bedroom. Yesterday he located a large flat stone which he shaped to fit the bedroom window sill. The only problem was that it was so heavy and we would have to raise it to shoulder height. This part of the "we" thought that it was impossible. I was therefore amazed when I saw it in situ.






Apparently John had got it as far as the road outside the porch on the sack barrow and then JP volunteered to help him. Upon which he picked it up, negotiated the obstacle course which is the new steps and put it on the bedroom window sill. He is so slight I don't know how he does it.

Whilst all these exciting things have been going on (you can tell we are in a good phase) I have been doing mundane things like planting my potatoes. The moon's on the wax so it's a good time to plant I am told. I planned to plant some more seeds today but as snow is forecast I decided I would wait for Spring to return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home