Les poissons en France

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bank Holiday Weekend

Last Thursday was a holiday celebrating the end of WWII and so I took the opportunity of no workmen to start work on the shower in the downstairs bedroom. I had to fill where the shower tray is going with cement to bring it up to a level with the 'chappe' that JP had laid. The Boss wants a 'walk-in' shower! So I mixed up some cement in a wheelbarrow and poured it into the recess for the shower tray, and it covered about half of the area! 5 more barrow loads and I'd got it about right.




Friday was spent shopping. I had to buy some special 'flexible' tile adhesive to fix the shower tray and we went with the trailer to start bringing home our tiles. The place where we've bought the tiles said that they would store our tiles on a pallet in their warehouse. However, when we rolled up yesterday, we found out that they'd sold them!!!!!!! The boss man obviously thought that he'd be able to get away with it because he's ordered more from the factory. BUT, unfortunately for him, but more importantly, for us, the factory won't make any more till the end of May. So, in the mean time, we're going to have to set up the bathroom and then take the sanitaryware out when we have the tiles. As you can imagine a certain lady was not happy.


Friday afternoon, I tried positioning the shower tray, and, as you'd expect, the back of it where I'd marked the height on the wall was fine, but at the front I was too high. This seemed to be a major problem, but, with some friendly advice from JP and Patrick, I was able to reduce the height of my cement, thanks to it being fresh and so not set, and thanks for the loan of a special tool from Patrick. So I was able to avoid a thunderbolt from her on high!


Today, Saturday, I got stuck in to the bathroom. I've fixed down the tray, erected the metal work for the shower cubicle walls and fitted the top for the vanity basin.




The plan is to fit plasterboard to everything tomorrow. It's just a shame that I won't be able to then crash on with the tiling!! However, 'tant pis', (never mind), as they say. I know that I'll be able to find something else to do.


I should just mention that, as it is warm at last, I put some summer work clothes on, but Sue was not impressed. I can't see why?!!!


Sue spent her day in the vegetable garden. Because there is so much moisture in the ground, and it is warm, everything is growing like mad, especially the weeds. So Sue weeded all 39 beds, mowed the veg patch and generally played in her garden. Aren't we a sad old couple!





But then this view makes it all worth while.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home