Les poissons en France

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back up the Ladder

Oh well, I knew that all of those years working up ladders would stand me in good stead. I started filling the joints between the stones up in our bedroom. At this moment in time I'm only doing the walls where the stairs will be, but that's plenty!


As you can see I'm working on a plank between 2 ladders. Even then, I'm going to have to extend the tall ladder to reach the highest point.



I'm busy trying to develop a system. I've got to be careful not to mix up too much mortar, or it goes off too quickly in the heat. Then I've got to get it from the cement mixer and up 2 flights of stairs. I didn't too badly today, but it is obviously a job for first thing in the morning.

The weather was glorious again today, 30+. We are finding that our 'breakfast' patio is becoming very useful. You need an umberela at lunch-time, but in the evening, once the sun is behind the Pigeonnier, it's a lovely place to sit, eat and watch the birds.




If only I had time to sit there!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home