Les poissons en France

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Suzie at Play

Yes, it's that time of year again. The frost has taken the vegetables and the flowers, and so the true gardener turns their thoughts to their plans for next year. And, true to form, Sue was out there, assessing and marking paths and beds for the front garden. More work for the labourer!


Meanwhile, I had to admit that I'd done a bit too much yesterday. So, because of that and because of the rain during the night, I contented myself with finishing back-filling the wall ( with the help of my boss!) However, there was an irritating lump of concrete with the remains of an old chestnut post. One of the first jobs I'd done back in September 06 was to saw off the post.



Now, the concrete and stump was too high for the level of ground we're trying to get to. So, it had to come out! I tried to get it out with the digger, but the digger nearly tipped over. The concrete with the stump in was joined to a large piece of stone. After a lot of sweat and the use of a sledge hammer and a pick axe, I managed to get the stone out, and then, finally, the post. I then retired indoors to have lunch and a glass of wine!














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home