Les poissons en France

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

You never know what is going to happen here!!

We got up yesterday ready to start painting and John was going to rub down the ceiling joints. I braced myself for the inevitable mess despite covering every thing with dust sheets. However John went outside to get some tools and came back to tell me that some men were digging a trench in Nicole's garden and piling earth into their truck to take it away. I couldn't help the bells ringing in my head which said "you need earth , you need earth". So I couldn't resist going to ask them if I could have the earth if they didn't need it. Absolutely no problem, so they delivered five loads in exchange for a cup of tea.

















Of course we will have to move it, inevitably one job always creates another. So I spent the rest of the morning rectifying the mess made by the JCB and cleaning the road. No painting done.

Meanwhile John was getting on very well with his rubbing down and the job he expected to last two days was done in one . Great, I could clear up the mess which had gone every where.



I finished about 7 o'clock and turned my mind to getting us a meal. As time was getting on I thought we'd better give Yoda his meal before I began cooking ours. Normally he will eat at anytime and goes berserk when food is mentioned. However on this occasion he didn't move from the settee, wouldn't eat, could hardly lift his head, shivered and cried when he was picked up. He looked so ill that I asked John to call the vet. The vet said he would ring us back in an hour as he was dealing with a horse. Yoda continued to deteriorate and I was terrified that he was going to die in my arms. The vet then contacted us and we took Yoda to the surgery duly wrapped up in a towel. The vet took his temperature - normal, heart - fine, breathing - no problem, broken bones - none. The vet looked at these totally neurotic people with a look that said " what are they going on about?". After an incredibly thorough examination he decided that Yoda must have a stomach ache/colic, so he had two injections, which he was not impressed about and then wagged his tail at the vet. By the time we got home dog had recovered was bouncing around and wanted a walk and some thing to eat. How are we and our bank balance going to survive the next six months?

We had a tin of beans with sausages and jacket potato at ten o'clock!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home