Les poissons en France

Monday, November 10, 2008

Renewed Vigour

Yesterday (Sunday), we had a day off. We went to our friends south of Cahors to go on their village's monthly walk. It was a lovely day with the sun brightening up the bronze foliage of the autumn oaks.

So, today we set to with replenished energy and enthusiasm! I've been eager to tile the little passage (couloir) outside the bathroom. First thing this morning I laid all of the whole tiles with a view to then laying the tiles which I've got to cut tomorrow.





Laying the tiles didn't take too long, so I then carried on with the jointing of the walls in the dining room.


When Betty was here with us, she'd commented upon some draughts whizzing round her neck when she was sitting on the settee in the 'dining room'. It wasn't until I started to do the jointing in the dining room that I realised that there were numerous draughts whistling through the wall!!! The walls are nearly a metre thick, but the wind is still finding its way through. So we're hoping that it will feel warmer once I've finished redoing all of the joints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home