Les poissons en France

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Garden Moving On

The Editor has decreed that I should explain what I am doing in the garden. I prepared the design shortly after we bought the house but it has not been appropriate to start laying out the design before now. I am not sure that now is a good time either but I am really anxious to put my ideas into action. As you know it takes time for gardens to mature so I have got to get started.

I have marked out a bed which runs all the way beneath the trees in the back garden. I think it will be appropriate to call it the "long bed" as it is certainly that!! To be honest until I had marked it out I did not realise just how long it was. Before my labourer can rotivate the bed and I can apply the winter compost we have to raise the canopy above the trees and remove some more saplings.



In the front garden I have started to mark out "the Serpentine Bed", sorry if that sounds a bit pretentious!! My idea is that the front garden will be full of colour. I hope this posting doesn't come back to haunt me. Well I've got the ideas and the master plan but whether and if it comes to fruition time will tell.


I went to a garden centre today to look for some Judas Trees to go along the side of the alley in the front garden. Couldn't find the trees but found some lovely cyclamen and heathers to put in the troughs on the kitchen patio.


When I came back John had started on the second side of his wall. We are so pleased that everything looks so much tidier - an obsession of ours. He will not be able to totally finish the wall as we have to wait for Etienne - the electrician - to install the wires for the lighting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home