Les poissons en France

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Diversions

My plans to get the sepentine path finished by the end of May have flown out of the window; a) because it's a longer job than I realised, b) because I'm getting diverted onto jobs in the garden. Not that I mind because we've come to see that we need to maintain the work we've done so far in the garden so that it doesn't revert to wilderness! So Sue seems to spend her days weeding and edging, whilst I took it upon myself to clear out all of the shooting new growth underneath our trees.
The trees behind the 'long' bed were in the process of becoming a hedge again, shading the plants.






Then we saw also that the 'white' bed in front of the house wasn't getting any light. So I similarly cleared the undergrowth and removed a few of the lower branches.





Meanwhile Sue has continued to plant things out. Yesterday was the turn of the melons. But first she had to clear the 'melon' bed! She was a trifle concerned about this as we had seen a snake sunning itself near there 2 weeks before and, as you may know, Sue is frightened of snakes (but getting used to them). So, wearing wellies and thick rubber gauntlets, the bed was duly cleared (with no sign of snakes!).






I was then required to go to the recycling centre for another trailer load of compost to spread over the bed.




Betty has been staying with us for the last 3 weeks but we are taking her back to the airport today, so, tomorrow, I'll be mowing the grass and strimming. Hopefully, I'll be able to resume work on the path on Saturday (when I see that the weather forecast is for temperatures of 28 degrees!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home