Les poissons en France

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Manure Update

We went to the Cahors Blues Festival last night with a couple of friends. We enjoyed it but it was rather chilly as we had had a little rain during the day. Yes you did read that correctly, but the operative word was little. Unfortunately there were far fewer bands than the last time we went and there just wasn't the same ambiance.

As yesterday was a late night we were in no rush to get up today and when we did we had to clear the debris from our meal the night before, never the best way to start the day. So there were no special plans for today but as usual things don't work out that way. Late morning I had a phone call from my "manure lady" asking if I still needed any more. What a silly question as I will need it as long as I draw breath. I just can't understand why the French do not get as excited as I do about "fumier". Well we duly made arrangements to collect it this afternoon. When we got there there was a stable full!



We hadn't expected that we would need seven trips and it would take 4 hours to complete the job. We now have just over a third of the raised bed covered!!















I took a few pictures of the garden on Thursday as a severe storm with hail was forecast and I wanted to be able to remind myself of how it was before it was devastated. We had a lot of lightning but no rain or hail.







ps Whilst this photography was taking place, 'odd-job' was working on the corner of the 'ruin' as part of the ongoing tidying up of the garden environment!




He's finished that now.....




....until he finds some more bits of wall that need repairing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home