Les poissons en France

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tidying Up

I seem to have been manoeuvred into working in the garden for the last couple of days. I don't know how she did it, but, after having collected the manure on Friday, I spent yesterday afternoon mowing. We haven't had to mow for months it seems, but, since the rain a week ago, we have green grass again. I've set up the grass collection system on our mower and so I was able to cut the wildflower meadow. Once the wildflower season is over, you have to scalp the grass and avoid anything staying on the meadow that might put any goodness back in to the soil.




Today, I was just going to trim the box hedge in the front, but I was then involved with tidying up the irises planted either side of it.




Finally, I edged the rose arbour and the iris walk so that we can see what's to be done for the paths and path edgings.





It was another scorching afternoon ( thermometer in the full sun said 40 degrees) and so, having finished my gardening jobs, I retired indoors for a cold beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home