Les poissons en France

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

News from the Old Crocks

Well, I'm back home again after my latest visit to Toulouse Hospital, nearly at the point of resolution! I don't like to think about how many times we've thought that we were going to receive a diagnosis. I had my heart biopsy last Friday ( which really wasn't a big deal, lying on the table talking to the surgeon) but, of course, I didn't expect the lab to be working over the weekend. So, Monday morning I was sent home still awaiting to find out what is being deposited in the mucles of the walls of my heart. The opinion is that it is a protein, amylose, which my bone marrow has started to produce and which my body can't break down....so it's collecting in the heart muscles .... a rare condition!
Following a definitive diagnosis, I'll be back to Toulouse for the start of a course of treatment. What is reassuring is that there isn't anything physically wrong with the heart, it's this 'secondary' condition which is causing the problem. So, the prognosis is really positive....can't wait to get back to doing things again!!!!!
Meantime, the other crock finally went to the doctor today who told her that she has Arthritis in her neck and only time will cure it (although, of course it won't be cured, if you see what I mean)




So there she is, neck brace fitted and pills in hand! Isn't it good, this gradual aging process. Still, Diana is taking her ageing without worrying.

2 Comments:

At 4:05 pm, Blogger lyn said...

great news, now you can get on with your renovations and enjoy the summer all the best lyn x

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger john and sue said...

If you're ever in our area you'll have to call in
John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home