Les poissons en France

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Seeding the Future

Autumn is fast approaching and the squirrel has been busy for the past couple of weeks 'squirrelling away' his walnuts.  We've had two days of rain but the forecast is for at least 12 days of warm weather and no rain so the Head Gardener decided that it was a good moment to re-seed the courtyard lawns.  A simple job of an hour or so .... (I fell for that one!)

Sue cast the grass seed and then began to cover it with compost and


 and I prepared the compost.
 


  My job involved filling up wheelbarrows with a mixture of proprietary compost and compost collected from the local recycling depot.

 
 However, when the Head Gardener's back needed resting, I had to take over all aspects of the operation.
Comme d'hab!





So, a good job done, even though it took longer than I anticipated (and it wasn't on my list!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home