Les poissons en France

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Going Up in the World

I've been pressing on with making the stairs as, once the short length from the salon to the 'upstairs' landing is done, Sue will be able to make her own way there without my assistance.  The sides of the stairs had to be stained, and, of course, this needed a little work and mixing to achieve a satisfactory colour, but then it was time to assemble it. 
So, the moment of truth had arrived.  The old 'temporary' stairs (which have only been in position for about 3 years) were removed and the new ones fitted ... and they did!
So now I'm going to fit the new 'bridge' landing before I continue on with the other two flights of full stairs.
Sue was delighted to see proper stairs at last ... and stairs which she likes!


Comment from Sue

I had gone to bed when this was published so didn't cast my editors eye.......  Of course it will look better when the  guard rails are up - we've had them for years as well. However I am told that I will have to wait a lot longer for those as it is not possible to erect the other flights with those in the way. Hey ho we move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home