Les poissons en France

Friday, December 28, 2012

Enthusiasm Renewed

I became interested in Bonsai in the 90's and developed some trees over the course of the next ten or so years.  I brought a few choice specimen with us when we came to France but last year they (and many other plants in the garden) succumbed to lack of water and care.  I felt that that was a phase of my life which had finished but suddenly, two days before Christmas, the urge came upon me, when I was considering New Year's Resolutions, to resume my interest in Bonsai.  And, if you believe in signs, Guy came to us for Christmas and gave me an indoor Bonsai for a present!
So today, we all went for an exploratory walk up the hill to where we own a small parcel of land and we 'harvested' 3 Junipers which can be trained in pots if they survive the uprooting.
The only problem is that we'll have to find somewhere else to grow our tomatoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home