Les poissons en France

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sound Advice

Having assembled the stairs yesterday, today was the day for assessing the feasibility of moving them and lifting then up to the landing.  I quickly realised I would need half a rugby team!  So I set about investigating hoists on Amazon and Sue and I had a discusion about where we would be able to fix the hoist and would it be strong enough.  Then Sue suggested that I take the stairs apart and reassemble it in situ.  I am normally able to see the reasons why Sue's ideas are impractical but, for once, I thought that I would try her idea, even though I secretly thought that it would not work!!! Because the treads are inset into the sides, you can't bring the sides in together until the treads are all located in their slots.  I didn't think I would be able to do it.  But I had to eat my words!!!
It makes a huge difference to be able to go upstairs from the inside!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home