Les poissons en France

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Race

On Saturday a lady knocked on our door to tell us that a running and walking race would be taking place on Sunday morning and the route would pass our front door. John said he had seen a poster and that it was organised by the St. Germain Athletics Club. I didn't even know we had one, not that its on my priority list for things to join.

 So on Sunday morning I was up on the terrace with camera poised ready to capture for posterity the hoards as they passed by. Well it wasn't quite as I had envisaged!! There were about 40 runners, men and women of all ages and standards and the walkers were a small group of "randonneurs" out for a Sunday morning stroll. Something must have got lost in translation!!
I write rather tongue in cheek but I actuially have enormous admiration for the majority of paticipants who were around our age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home