Les poissons en France

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Here, There, and .....

A bit here..... in the garden.  I'm trying to give Sue a couple of hours a day in the garden so that we can arrive at Spring on top of the weeding, splitting up etc, etc, and be able to start the new campaign ahead of the game!  So .... I took it upon myself to clear the Christo bed of 2 years of weeds.
Most of what was on the mound was dead and so it wasn't a major job.  All that is left alive are 2 buddleias and some blue/green grasses ... over to you, head gardener!
And a bit there ...as you know I'm jointing up the tops of the front walls of the house prior to fitting guttering, but, as the legs are weary, and it's back to temperatures in the 30's, I'm trying (again) to sort out our front door.  You will remember that David and I made a new door back in May.  However .... due to crap materials ...
...the door has split and warped.  At this point I can tell you the story of the 3 Doors.  The first door was made and fitted but became very poorly.  The second door was bought.  We went to buy a similar door to that which we made but, unfortunately, I was seduced by an 'exterior' door with 3 glass panels.  Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to 'modify' the door, largely on account of the plasterwork of the wall above the entrance.  So, if anyone is interested in a slightly modified front door ....
We are now on door number 3, the door I should have bought in the first place! Yet, even here, some work is still required; a 90 cm wide door turns out to be 88cm i.e. 'nominally 90cm'.
But wouldn't life be boring if everything was straight forward!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home