Les poissons en France

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Garden

We are having temperatures every day in the mid thirties and have done for the past fortnight. So I thought I would show you a few photos (well lots actually) of the garden before the drought destroys it , or alternatively the storm, which we will inevitably have sometime.

The petunias are those minute plug plants which arrived in March and which I have been moaning about eversince, until now. They have turned out to be doubles, in a myriad of colours and they even give off a lovely perfume in the evening.

As usual the hosepipe has become an extension of my right arm. I vow every year that I will not be a slave to the garden but if we do not water all the effort put in the rest of the year comes to nothing. However I hope I have got it into a little more perspective now.

John finished the landing  in time for our friends stay last weekend. Unfortunately our camera is not up to showing you a picture. The photos make it look like a house that someone is just moving into  -  I hope it doesn't actually look like that and I have got my rose tinted glasses on. Joking aside we are very pleased with it and just need to find the finishing touches.

We are off tomorrow to help our friends move back into their house which has been rebuilt after the fire a year ago. I would love to tell you that it is finished but it isn't and their traumas are far from over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home