Les poissons en France

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Late Summer Garden

It's time to bore you again with pictures of the garden. It has suddenly become autumnal, a big shock when the temperatures drop 15 degrees. However, the garden moves on to its late summer phase and I think it looks nice this year.
This last photo shows my Indian Lilac.  I have waited five years for it to flower although local towns are smothered in it at this time of year. Now it knows how to do it lets hope it remembers!! The rest of the pink haze comes from Japanese Anemones. I have threatened to pull them up many times as they spread too much, but they have won a reprieve as they are making a lovely show at present.
Notice the geraniums in the background. Eureka! Those plugs are flowering at last. As they have required so much attention this year I hope to be able to keep them through the winter but that depends on my keeping a very close eye on the weather forecast - which is often wrong.
Meanwhile John's veg patch has finally swung in to full production.
Whilst I was wandering around in "David Bailey" mode some real work was going on!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home