Les poissons en France

Monday, November 04, 2013

Splitting Image

As John told you last month I have been splitting plants and moving them to fill in particularly in the long bed at the back. Well in fact I/we have been doing it virtually all of October. "When" they all mature I hope not to have a bare piece of earth visible, well you know "hope springs eternal".


We have eventually obtained an artisan to line our chimney and install a woodburning stove. The point of telling you this is that the "assistant gardener" declared that he could only give me his services until yesterday evening as he now needed to push on with the salon. As you can imagine I took full advantage of all the hours of daylight. We have been lucky that it has conveniently rained at night to water in our transplants and softened our concrete soil so that John could dig holes.

I am really satisfied with our efforts although of course as with all aspects of gardening it is never quite finished.

We even managed to find time to redesign  the raised bed although work will not start on this until the spring. More information when the ideas germinate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home