Les poissons en France

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wildlife

You know that I am always interested in wildlife well  I have just had an encounter. Not actually with the animals but piles and piles of their droppings. I was going down the alley to throw away some food which Yoda wouldn't eat and I thought I saw evidence of deer so I decided to walk back along the long bed to assess the damage to my precious plants. Couldn't see any problem until I neared the barn when I saw that a large area of the field was covered in what I thought was wild boar pooh. In best detective fashion I looked for more proof and ah ha there were foot prints and evidence of rooting all over the old Christo bed. I rushed indoors to investigate on the net which confirmed my thoughts. Sorry no pictures - because of loading problem - but you too can search the net for wild boar droppings should you so wish!!! My concern was the obvious size of the herd and would I get up to find any garden left tomorrow morning.

When I took Yoda for a walk this morning our lane was  covered in green droppings.At the time I assumed that a farmer had moved a herd of sheep yesterday but there were no sheep to be seen anywhere and the tracks took a very strange route and then just disappeared. I now realise that it must have been this marauding herd who had had a change of diet!! A neighbour told us that he had seen boar running through the fields adjacent to the hamlet a few days ago. The hunters are out most weekends but they obviously don't have much success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home