Les poissons en France

Monday, August 04, 2014

Wherefore art thou...


 ...we were in Domme in the Dordogne for a performance of Romeo and Juliet!









This company do a tour in our area every year and we try to get to it with our friends.  This year we tried Domme as it seemed to have advantages in terms of parking and toilets but we hadn't made allowances for the tourists!  Still hundreds of cars and people even at 6.30 in the evening.
However, we set up our picnic and proceeded  to enjoy ourselves despite the curious looks and comments from the French!  
Our contribution to the picnic was the dessert.  Sue prepared a sponge filled with peach mousse but I was fearful that the mousse wasn't firm enough.  And I was right!  I had the job of dishing it up from my lap and I ended up with half of it on my lap!
It was made worse as, in true thespian fashion, I was wearing white trousers.  Naturally everyone found this hilarious and I had to refuse all the offers to wipe it off and rub me down.
After all of this excitement we went to the garden of the local Salle de Fete where the production was given under the clear sky and stars.  
 
A very enjoyable performance and evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home