Les poissons en France

Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's June

Sorry, it's that time of year  when the garden is at it's best, so, you've guessed it, you're going to be bombarded with pictures. I do think it gets better every year as things mature. Well I would say that wouldn't I.
Of course, watering is essential and continuous watering seems to have been necessary earlier this year. Unfortunately that is not good for the wildlife. Two nights ago I was watering the petunias in the rose bed and I saw movement and heard a lot of squawking. You've heard of a drowned rat, well this was a drowned leveret. We didn't really want him or his Mum eating all the petunias so John put him in the field at the end of the hamlet. We did not really expect him to survive but low and behold he was there again last night. If only he would hold up a red flag to let us know he is there it would save him having to swim. He was so wet last night I told John to get the "haredrier"!! Seriously I did have to dry him with some tissue.
 PS we'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their interest in our lives and we'd say to one special 'follower', Lynn, when are you coming for your own personal tour? You can contact us through the comments if you wish.
Sue and John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home