Les poissons en France

Friday, February 20, 2015

Further Adventures of a Lumberjack

These lovely bright sunny days are making everyone think it's Spring.  Crocuses and Snowdrops are brightening the banks, birds are in full breeding plumage and gardening folk, like our neighbour Nicole, are now to be seen in their gardens.
Our Gardener is happily playing 'Potting up Pelargoniums'.  She seems to have been successful in her attempts to conserve last year's plants.
This good dry weather induced me to finish the tree pruning.  We wanted to take off some of the branches which overhang the Long Bed in the back garden.
We have done some pruning in the past, so what's left are fairly substantial branches.  Which is what lead to a minor mishap.  One of the branches decided to fight back ... as I went through the branch it bounced the wrong way and came towards me and the ladder.  The ladder was fairly secure and stayed up, but I wasn't  and so I fell down ... as did the chainsaw.  However, all was OK as I bounced and the chainsaw missed Sue, who was at the foot of the ladder supervising!

The branches are all cut up now and I just have about a week's worth of chipping to do to get rid of all of the brush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home