Les poissons en France

Monday, December 07, 2015

A Family Visit

We got back from the UK last night and this morning we just couldn't get going. As we were leisurely coming too about 8.15 I looked up to see 4 deer leisurely walking past the far side of the barn. Although the temperatures have remained mild I think we can safely say that we and the wildlife regard it as winter. Hence I have seen many signs of deer activity throughout the garden. However this is the first winter sighting of "our family". It may not be the same family as last year as today we saw Mum, this years twins and probably a yearling. This is all conjecture of course. I have seen Dad in the alley recently but he was not with the family group as last year. Whilst all this may be conjecture we are absolutely certain that we have never seen them so close. John took photos for about a quarter of  an hour but I finally called a halt as "big Bambi" made a move to nibble the pansies in the courtyard tubs.

I can't help it |I adore them and it is a privilege to share their lives.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again you have managed to take my breath away, such lovely pictures you really are privileged to live in such a beautiful setting and have john aka david bailey at your beck and call,hope 2016 brings all good things for you both
kindest regards Lyn and Mick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home